Society Membership and How to Join
An invitation to join the Japan Society of Monetary Economics Benefits of Membership
- A print subscription to The Review of Monetary and Financial Studies
- Online access to member-only areas of https://jsmeweb.org/member/login/ including the Members’ E-mail Directory
- Free submission of articles to The Review of Monetary and Financial Studies
Qualifications for membership
- 1.Recommendation of two members of the Society
- 2.Eligibility categories of recommended candidates
- a.Full-time, or part-time, university teaching staff and research staff [workers]
- b.Graduate students enrolled in the latter stages of doctoral courses, or those who have been registered in such courses in the past1.
- c.Practitioners in financial businesses, or those who were in such businesses in the past2.
- 3.A designated application form, as below, must be used for submission.
- 4.Application forms, which can be downloaded from the official website of the society, must be filled in and sent to the office as below in due time3.
Office Address:Japan Society of Monetary EconomicsTOYO KEIZAI Building 1-2-1, Nihombashi, Hongoku-cho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-0021, JAPAN
- 5.The membership fee for one year is 10,000 Japanese yen for membership categories a) and c). But 7,000 Japanese yen for membership category b), i.e. graduate students, who submit, together with an application form, a certificate of registration from the graduate school at which they are enrolled.
1.Applicants in this category need to submit, together with an application form, a letter of recommendation from their supervisor. Note that those in the early stages of doctoral courses are not qualified to join the society. 2.Those in this category must submit, together with an application form, a letter of recommendation from either one of the two recommending members. 3.Or to arrive ten days before the society’s general meeting. Applications arriving later will be dealt with at the following general meeting.